(Note: Political post. Please refrain from generalized attacks and harsh language if you feel necessary to reply).
I wrote this during the summer during “Operation Protective Edge”, where it has been recorded by the UN and other human rights organizations that 69-75% of Palestinian casualties were civilians. I decided to share it again. This is to compare and contrast the dialogue since the creation of Israel in 1948 with other political propaganda.
Facts regarding Poland and WWII [Contrasted with Palestine]
- Adolf Hitler explained in his book “Mein Kampf” his plans for Poland. “Poles were ‘untermensch’ — ‘inferior people’, only good as slaves or corpses”
“One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.” — Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 [Source: N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]
“We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves.” Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.
- On August 22, 1939, Hitler authorized his commanders, with these infamous words, to kill “without pity or mercy, all men, women, and children of Polish descent.”
What is necessary is cruel and strong reactions. We need precision in time, place, and casualties. If we know the family, we must strike mercilessly, women and children included. Otherwise, the reaction is inefficient. At the place of action, there is no need to distinguish between guilty and innocent. (David Ben-Gurion, 1 January 1948)
“I and another soldier … are going in a little nearer, forward, to confirm the kill … Receive a situation report. We fired and killed her … I also confirmed the kill. Over. … This is commander. Anything that’s mobile, that moves in the zone, even if it’s a three-year-old, needs to be killed. Over.” , (Captain R, 5 October 2004)
- While France and England tried to pacify Hitler, Poland alone bore the Nazi’s first attack in 1939. Poland was first to declare war against the Germans, fighting without aid.
Palestinians are fighting Israel without outside assistance: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/world/meast/israel-gaza-region/
- Heinrich Himmler echoed Hitler’s decree: “All Poles will disappear from the world…. It is essential that the great German people should consider it as its major task to destroy all Poles.”
A study of European countries show that the majority believe Israel is committing a genocide of Arabs: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/nearly-half-the-dutch-believe-israel-trying-to-exterminate-arabs/2014/02/14/
- While defeated, Poland never surrendered to Germany. The Polish government and army went into exile and fought along with the allies throughout the entire war.
The Palestinians who remained in Palestine continue to resist – even merely by living. Those in the diaspora are also often passionate in their resistance, raising awareness, and often return to the front lines. http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/4324473?uid=3739728&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21104430906397
- While other conquered nations collaborated with the Nazis, most notoriously the Vichy French, Latvians, and even some German Jews – Poland had no Nazi collaborators.
I think this one speaks for itself.
- Poland fought a war of survival on two fronts, Nazi Germany to the east and the Russian Communists to the west – both bent on her utter annihilation.
Nowhere to go: Palestinians are trapped. Even the U.N. is not a safe place. http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/08/new-york-times-palestinians-trapped-cant-escape-israeli-bombing.html
- Poland fielded the fourth largest allied army in WWII. Fighting most notably in the air battle over Britain, and the battles in Normandy, North Africa, and Monte Cassino.
No comparison. Palestine’s military does not exist, and those who take up arms (that nowhere match the capabilities of Israel) are labeled as “terrorists”.
- Polish churches and religious buildings were burned. Most of the Catholic priests were arrested and sent to concentration camps.
Schools, even run by the U.N., are being destroyed: http://abcnews.go.com/International/video/school-bombed-israeli-airstrike-24777149
Mosques are being destroyed: http://www.qassam.ps/news-8632-Ten_mosques_bombed_during_Israeli_airstrikes_on_Gaza.html
In the past, even churches have been destroyed. http://rt.com/news/israel-palestinian-homes-demolish-323/
- The Nazis appointed former SA storm trooper, Hans Frank, as Governor General of Poland. Under his direction over 6,000,000 Poles died, including 3,000,000 Jews.
Since 2000, nearly 9,000 Palestinians have been killed. This number is rising quickly – with nearly 1,500 of them being in the past three weeks. Eighty-five percent of these 1,500 have been civilian. What will happen if this isn’t stopped?http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stat/deaths.html
- Three million Polish Christians and Catholics were murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust, in addition to three million Polish Jews.
Yes, there are Christians being killed in Palestine as well. http://www.christianpost.com/news/palestinian-christian-western-christians-dont-understand-gaza-israeli-conflict-123272/
- In 1945, only 153,000 Warsaw citizens remained from a 1939 population of 1,289,000. The city was utterly destroyed.
There are around 5,000,000 Palestinian refugees, according to U.N. statistics in 2012. Imagine how empty the cities would be. http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/11/19/1353359984797/Israeli-air-strike-in-Kha-008.jpg
- At the end of the war Poland was betrayed by her allied partners and handed over, as spoils of war, to the Communist regime in Soviet Russia.
- Poland never accepted Soviet rule. The Polish Government in Exile never recognized Russian claims to Poland.
Palestinians around the world continue to resist the occupation. http://rt.com/news/176020-protest-gaza-israel-brussels/
My Polish heritage demands that I stand against oppression and occupation.